[Yazlist] How to compile YAZ5 for Windows 64bit?

Adam Dickmeiss adam at indexdata.dk
Fri Jan 24 10:27:01 UTC 2014

On 01/23/2014 06:16 PM, Petr Gola wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I need to compile YAZ5 from source code (I made few changes) for win64
> target. I see that you have instalation with binaries even for
> win64bit so it should be very possible. However I miss any
> documentation and I would appriciate any kind of help very much.
>
> To be more specific, I'm struggling with compilation libxml2 and
> libxslt for win64 and then getting it all together - even when I
> managed to compile and link some versions without errors, resulted DLL
> is probably somehow corrupted and it doesnt work in my application.
For YAZ we compiled libxml2 and libxslt for Win64. Libiconv was not
compiled. For for YAZ, HAVE_ICONV=0 is used.

the compilation of libxml2 was done with something like this:
    cd libxml2-2.7.8\win32
    cscript configure.js compiler=msvc prefix=c:\libxml2-2.7.8.win64
iconv=no

Unfortunately the resulting makefile has a syntax error in lines 74-76.
Remove the three leading + in each line .. I would hope this has been
fixed in a newer version of Libxml2.
    vim makfile
    nmake

Remember to compile Libxml2, libxslt in 64-bit msvc mode.

/ Adam