[Yazlist] idzebra Hot (re)indexing

Thierry MICHEL thierry.michel at xtensive.com
Fri Jan 24 09:40:25 UTC 2014

Hi Adam,

I tried to use the following commands, but I still have a problem with
the drop command. I am using a zebra.cfg configuration file in which I
specified the name of the database.

Using yaz-client I successfully connect to the database, but when I
execute the following command

zebraidx -c zebra.cfg drop mydb

I have the error

[fatal] Operation failed: Database does not exist mydb

Is this operation mandatory for "hot indexing" ? where am I wrong ?

Thank you for your help,
Best regards

Le 05/02/2013 10:44, Adam Dickmeiss a écrit :
> On 02/01/2013 04:24 PM, Thierry Michel wrote:
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> I have used Zebra in a french OpenData project and I have to (re)index
>> often the data. The actual indexing process is killing the idzebra
>> daemon, so the OD application is no longer available. Is there a way
>> to have the indexing
>> process without stopping zebra ? or a solution which simulates that ?
> If you have a shadow area enabled you can leave zebrasrv running. For
> example, if you want to re-index database "Default" you can these
> commands and leave zebrasrv running.
>
> zebraidx drop Default
> zebraidx update pathtorecords
> zebraidx commit
>
> Should you make a mistake in the update command or otherwise, you can
> always perform
> zebraidx clean
> instead of zebraidx commit.. And do other attempt.
>
> Do not run
> zebraidx init
> it will wipe out both shadow + register.
>
> / Adam
>>
>> Thank you very much for your answers.
>> Cheers
>>
>> Thierry Michel