[Yazlist] GRS-1 format

Mike Taylor mike at indexdata.com
Fri Oct 11 09:29:34 UTC 2013

Hi. Michael. I'm not sure what that would even mean. By definition,
all records in SRU are expressed in XML, whereas GRS-1 is an
on-the-wire binary protocol for encoding structured information. There
is no representation of a GRS-1 record in XML.

Sorry to disappoint. (For what it's worth, I really like GRS-1. It
predated XML, is more expressive and much more efficient, and in
practice hardly less human-readable.)

-- Mike.