[Yazlist] Metaproxy vs Solr

Adam Dickmeiss adam at indexdata.dk
Tue Oct 9 10:15:30 UTC 2012

On 10/04/2012 06:19 PM, Porst, Sven wrote:
> Hi Adam,
>
> thanks a lot for your explanations! A first test suggests that the approach you suggest will do the trick. I’ll just have to get my head around finding a reasonably elegant solution that won’t leave me with bloated configuration files.
>
> With this setup it also seems that I can use the record_transform filter (something that didn’t work for me before either). One thing with respect to this filter that remains unclear to me is the following: When querying a Solr index, the content of the retrieval tag’s »name« attribute is sent to solr as the »fl« parameter.
Yep. The element set name (Z39.50) is used in fl parameter.

> This means that when setting up »marcxml« or »dc« as a schema name, the Solr index will only be queried for those fields (which do not exist) and there is no data for my XSL transforms to operate on. Is this the way the feature is supposed to work? Is there a way to clear the »fl« parameter later on? I tried overwriting it in the zoom filter configuration using »<elementSet>*</elementSet>« but that does not work (as far as I understand) because this value is only used when the element set given in the »element_transform« attribute of the torus tag is used. Which suggests that I could only specify a single format …
There's no way to omit the element set name in the record_transform
(retrieval) system.

Is fixed in next YAZ release (4.2.41) where you can use an empty string
for the name attribute for the backend element.

<backend name=""> ... </backend>