[Yazlist] Using Z39.50 sort in pazpar2

Dennis Schafroth dennis at indexdata.com
Mon Oct 1 10:50:51 UTC 2012

Hi

I think this is an issue that happens when pazpar2 is given sort orders. In some of the later versions, sorting condition could trigger pazpar2 to do a re-sort if the sort order was changed between the search and the show. This can be required if target supports native sorting. However in pazpar2 prior to 1.6.20, it would always do a relevance ranking (e.g. internal sorting) on the search command. It is now possible to have the same sort order parameter on search as pazpar2 have on show. And you should, in order for native sort to be efficient.

And it is now possible to define a default sort-order in pazpar2 service configuration to override the default relevance ranking. So if you want to use native sorting in solr as default you can define the following in your service configuration:

	<sort-default>position:1</sort-default>

This will to return results as sorted by solr (which by default is solr relevance ranking). I hope to get implementing of native sorting in solr on my priorities soon.

cheers,
:-Dennis