[Yazlist] Using 64bit YAZ on Windows

David Nock davidn at accessitsoftware.com
Tue Jun 5 06:44:55 CEST 2012

Hi,

Stepping back from the JNI side of things, I have been trying to get one
of the zoom examples to compile and run.

I have installed the 64bit YAZ libraries
(http://ftp.indexdata.dk/pub/yaz/win64/yaz_4.2.33.exe) and compiled code
from zoomtst1.c.
BTW, the yaz/zoom.h mentions 2 functions that don't appear to exist in
the lib as I get undefined references to them:

     ZOOM_resultset_get_facet_field_by_index
     ZOOM_resultset_facets_names

However, as soon as it hits ZOOM_connection_new, it crashes:

$ /cygdrive/c/mingw64/bin/gdb ./zoomtst1.exe
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.1.90.20100730-cvs
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-w64-mingw32".
Reading symbols from C:\Y\2/./zoomtst1.exe...done.
(gdb) r bagel.indexdata.dk/gils computer
Starting program: C:\Y\2/./zoomtst1.exe bagel.indexdata.dk/gils computer
[New Thread 688.0x270]

0x00000000004016f0 in ZOOM_connection_new ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00000000004016f0 in ZOOM_connection_new ()
#1  0x00000000004015ce in zoomtst1 (argc=3, argv=0x3e39b0) at zoomtst1.c:30
(gdb) print argv[1]
$1 = 0x3e3a50 "bagel.indexdata.dk/gils"
(gdb) disassemble
Dump of assembler code for function ZOOM_connection_new:
=> 0x00000000004016f0 <+0>:     jmpq   *0x40c2c0(%rip)        # 0x80d9b6
    0x00000000004016f6 <+6>:     nop
    0x00000000004016f7 <+7>:     nop
End of assembler dump.
(gdb) quit

I'm guessing that the libraries were built with Visual Studio and as
this is just a C app/library, I wasn't thinking there should be a
problem using mingw to build the app.
This is what I have done previously for win32.

To try and get more info about what was happening, I tried compiling a
debug version of yaz but that lead to a list of compilation errors
relating to CONDITION_VARIABLE.

Hoping someone out there can help.

Thanks,
Dave