[Yazlist] baffled by cql, or maybe rec.id

Larry E. Dixson ldix at loc.gov
Fri Mar 25 18:29:59 CET 2011

Enrico,
What results do you receive when you search your database using Z39.50
and @attr 1=12?

When using CQL and SRU (or SRW), I tend to use either rec.id=1234 or
query=rec.id=1234.

Below are excerpts from an SRW session (against LCDB) keyed manually
using the YAZ client and the resulting Soap envelopes that were
generated.

Hope the comparison is somewhat helpful.
Larry

Z> open http://lx2.loc.gov:210/LCDB
Connecting...OK.

Z> f rec.id=13411323
Received SRW SearchRetrieve Response
Number of hits: 1

Z> f query=rec.id=13411323
Received SRW SearchRetrieve Response
Number of hits: 1

Z> schema dc

Z> s 1
Received SRW SearchRetrieve Response
Number of hits: 1
pos=1 schema=dc

    . . . [etc.] . . .

-- HTTP request:
POST /LCDB HTTP/1.1
SOAPAction: ""

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
  <SOAP-ENV:Body>
    <zs:searchRetrieveRequest xmlns:zs="http://www.loc.gov/zing/srw/">
      <zs:version>1.2</zs:version>
      <zs:query>query=rec.id=13411323</zs:query>
      <zs:maximumRecords>0</zs:maximumRecords>
      <zs:recordSchema>dc</zs:recordSchema>
    </zs:searchRetrieveRequest>
  </SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

--
-- HTTP response:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
  <SOAP-ENV:Body>
    <zs:searchRetrieveResponse xmlns:zs="http://www.loc.gov/zing/srw/">
      <zs:version>1.1</zs:version>
      <zs:numberOfRecords>1</zs:numberOfRecords>