[Yazlist] ruby-zoom no longer able to connect to Zebra

Heikki Levanto heikki at indexdata.dk
Mon Aug 8 10:17:05 CEST 2011

On Mon, Aug 08, 2011 at 01:36:21PM +1200, Walter McGinnis wrote:
> The end result is that I have implemented a way in Kete to set the connection
> specifications to '127.0.0.1' if necessary with a command line utility or
> reverse the process back to 'localhost'.

Since 127.0.0.1 works, and 'localhost' does not, it seems to point to name
resolution issues. Can you try if the same kind of issue exists with other
programs (ping, wget, host - yes, I'd like to hear of all three)?

What does your /etc/hosts say about 'localhost' on the different machines?

  - Heikki

--
Heikki Levanto    heikki at indexdata dot dk   "In Murphy We Turst"