[Yazlist] z3950 query through yazproxy returns only 'brief'result

Adam Dickmeiss adam at indexdata.dk
Wed Jan 28 09:35:17 CET 2009

Damiano ALBANI wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 8:54 AM, Adam Dickmeiss <adam at indexdata.dk
> <mailto:adam at indexdata.dk>> wrote:
>
>     listen listen wrote:
>     >
>     > I was able to modify the yazproxy code to send the F element-set
>     name
>     > in the PresentRequest 'Z_RecordComposition'
>     >
>     Good job. Most servers should obey F for MARC records.. In fact it's
>     required by the standard, IIRC.
>

> Querying a large, academic Z39.50 server through yazproxy, I've run
> into the very same problem the other day!
> Now, while I can indeed modify the source code and recompile yazproxy,
> I was wondering if this F/B choice could be turned into a proper
> configuration directive for yazproxy. Because the recompilation step
> is really too complex for most users.
It would be a relatively easy task - admitted.. But you should also know
that our time is limited and that we already have a product that does
this - and more: Metaproxy.

We accept patches (and funding).

> By the way, I happen to also use the PHP YAZ extension and it doesn't
> seem possible to specify a /recordComposition/. Maybe that could be
> added as a parameter to /yaz_present()/?
yaz_element
does it for you. You should use that before yaz_search and yaz_present -
because the element set is also carried in search requests (with piggy
back results).

/ Adam