[Yazlist] z3950 query through yazproxy returns only 'brief'result

Ray Denenberg, Library of Congress rden at loc.gov
Tue Jan 27 22:29:17 CET 2009

From: listen listen
> For my example http request:
>
> http://localhost:9000/<target_name>?version=1.1&operation=searchRetrieve&query=water&maximumRecords=30&recordSchema=marcxml&startRecord=1
>
> I see no way to specify the element name.

That's because there is no SRU element set name parameter. The Z39.50 element set name parameter has no corresponding  parameter in SRU.

When this was originally discussed it was agreed that any particular subset (element set) of a schema should be represented as a  schema, a "subschema" if you like.  If you have a particular element set of MarcXML and you want to represent that as a schema, we can register it, at http://www.loc.gov/standards/sru/resources/schemas.html.

For the element set "full", the intent is the whole set, and so no additional schema to represent that subset would need to be defined and registered. Right?

In any case if there are schema element sets that need to be represented in SRU, please let me know and I will register them as schemas.

--Ray