[Yazlist] Options for implementing a Z39.50 Server against an Oracle database

John Zastrow jcz at northredoubt.com
Tue Dec 15 22:33:07 CET 2009

Hello,

We currently have an Oracle database with a bunch of citations we'd like
to make searchable by our internal Endnote users. This database is
currently populated and searchable through a .Net web interface.

We've been told that we must implement a z39.50 server to allow Endnote
to directly query the database and we'd prefer to not mix in additional
technologies (we'd prefer .Net, but Java may be acceptable as a separate
service). What are our current options for implementing a server against
this database? Please ask any questions so that I might clarify.

Thanks!
John