[Yazlist] Best directory to install Yaz?

Christopher Morgan morgan at acm.org
Mon Sep 8 20:11:00 CEST 2008

In the past I've installed Yaz on my web site in different directories at
different times, and it has worked fine in each location. Is there a
preferred directory to install it to that would optimize performance and/or
minimize possible problems?

I have also installed Zebra in different locations at different times, and
it has worked fine in each case. (Being a relative newcomer to Linux/Unix,
I've never seen any advice about where one should do these kinds of
installs).

Finally, is pazpar2 sensitive to the directory you install it in?

Many thanks!

- Chris Morgan