[Yazlist] Yaz/Z39.50 and Microsoft ISA server

Pauli Porkka pauli.porkka at prettybit.fi
Fri Feb 15 08:42:23 CET 2008

ISA is a firewall just like any other. It just denies outbound requests
unless explicitly allowed. Your clients need to allow outbound tcp traffic
for the used TCP ports. Z39.50 servers use quite a many different port
numbers such as 7090, 11390, 210 ... well I've got about twenty different
rules for the servers we use for testing.

More information about ISA servers is available at www.isaserver.org

Pauli Porkka
PrettyBit Software Oy
pauli.porkka at prettybit.fi