[Yazlist] php_yaz.dll doesn't load (vista)

Adam Dickmeiss adam at indexdata.dk
Thu Dec 18 23:09:34 CET 2008

Eric Bégin wrote:
> Hi Adam,
>
>> No idea.
>>
>> Where did you get php_yaz.dll from?
>>

> http://ftp.indexdata.dk/pub/phpyaz/win32/php-5.2.3/1.0.11/
>
> I did recompile the yaz3.dll on my machine.
> (BTW, I had to use ws2_32.lib instead of winsock2.lib to make it link)

Yes. ws2_32.lib is used for YAZ 3.0.36 (and later).
> On another side, I did install pazpar2 and it works fine.  That let me
> think that my yaz3.dll is just fine and my problem with php_yaz may be
> something else.

That something else is php_yaz.dll and the way PHP is/was built. PHP -
used to be compiled - using VS 6.0 (the state of the art as of Windows
98). Now they may have switched to something else.. You have to be
careful to use a comptible (VS) compiler..

/ Adam