[Yazlist] Performance tweaks for async. search?

Mike Taylor mike at indexdata.com
Thu Nov 29 14:05:24 CET 2007

Johannes Leveling writes:
 > Hello,
 > I am looking for even better performance of a Z39.50 database search
 > (coupling Zebra and YAZ/ZOOM).
 > My application searches multiple target systems via ZOOM,
 > retrieves the top-N ranked documents asynchronously,
 > converts the results, and writes them to a file.
 >
 > Is there a way to process result records as soon as they come
 > in (instead of waiting until the slowest target system has returned the
 > requested number of results)?
 > I would like to convert partial results as soon as they are
 > available (preferably with some event-driven approach,
 > e.g. triggered by ZOOM_EVENT_RECV_DATA).

Hi, Johannes.  This is pretty much exactly what IRSpy does.  You can
download the software from
	http://search.cpan.org/~mirk/ZOOM-IRSpy/
The code you'll want to consult is in check() subroutine of
lib/ZOOM/IRSpy.pm

/o ) \/  Mike Taylor    <mike at indexdata.com>    http://www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  "If Microsoft Word had been around 400 years ago, Martin Luther
	 would never have got around to nailing his thesis to the church
	 door.  He'd have spent the evening messing around with the font
	 size and found out the next day that the Reformation had broken
	 out without him" -- Andrew Rilstone.