[Yazlist] php5-yaz 1.0.13 error encoding iso-8859-1

Marc Cromme marc at indexdata.dk
Wed Nov 28 12:10:53 CET 2007

Miguel A. Calvo wrote:
> Hi
>
> I use php5-yaz version 1.0.13 in my program and the xml return from this
> sentence isn't correct.

When you say: 'is not correct', what do you mean by that??

Please remember that a marc-8 encoding is something reserved for binary
MARC-21 records. XML does not know of this encoding, there you usually
wish to use UTF-8 or  - maybe - ISO-8859-1.

Essentially, you are asking for the impossible ... marc-8 in XML ..

And there is no need to specify the encoding at all, as this is
self-contained information in XML files, and the default is UTF-8, which
is understood by all XML parsers.

Try just the simple and plain

yaz_record($yaz_id, $i, "xml")

Marc Cromme, Index Data

> *yaz_record($yaz_id, $i, "xml;charset=marc-8,ISO-8859-1")*
>
> and with the versión 1.0.8 all it´s ok
>
> Can you help me?
>

> **
>
> **
>
> *Miguel A. Calvo Lázaro*
>
> Técnico de Software Factory
>
> *miguel.calvo at coremain.com <mailto:miguel.calvo at coremain.com>*
>
> http://www.coremain.com <http://www.coremain.com/>

Marc Cromme
M.Sc and Ph.D in Mathematical Modelling and Computation
Senior Developer, Project Manager

Index Data Aps
Købmagergade 43, 2
1150 Copenhagen K.