[Yazlist] More on ESC sequence problem

Gary Anderson ganderson at bslw.com
Wed Mar 21 04:45:47 CET 2007

I've done some debugging of the problem I mentioned.  The in and out
data strings are shown below:

E8 87 BA  E7 81 A3  E5 9C B0  E5 8D 80  E5 9C 8B  E6 B0 91  E6 89 80  E5
BE 97.

YAZ correctly translates this string to (output in MARC8, hex, ignore
spaces):

1B  28  42  21 54 2B  21 49 43  21 37 79  21 34 55  21 37 6f  21 46 4d
21 3F 75  21 30 6A
esc  $    1

In handling each of these input triples, the library follows this path:

yaz_write_marc8
yaz_write_marc8_2
lookup_marc8 - this process sets the page_chr string to <ESC>$1 -
correct for EACC
flush_combos
yaz_write_marc8_page_chr

The problem is that the last triple also returns <ESC>$1 as the
page_chr, and since this is the value already stored in
cd->write_marc8_page_chr from the first ESC sequence written out, the
ESC sequence is never properly closed.  I noticed that the last flag is
correctly set to 1 as the last triple is being converted, but the last
flag seems to have no influence on resetting the page character back to
ASCII.  I'm wondering if I received all of the patch.

Gary