[Yazlist] SRW namespace

Adam Dickmeiss adam at indexdata.dk
Sat Mar 17 10:05:02 CET 2007

Ko van der Sloot wrote:
> Chalmers, David wrote:
>> Dear Yazlist,
>>
>> I am hoping to build XML gateway interfaces for several of our web
>> databases, and using YAZ Proxy on top of our Z39.50 servers is a very
>> elegant solution.
>>
>> I wanted to change the namespace of the tagging generated by YAZ Proxy,
>> so that it used the "srw" namespace documented on
>> http://www.loc.gov/standards/sru/explain/index.html .  I picked up a
>> nice XSL template for formatting the Explain response into an HTML form
>> for testing my service, but the XSL templates assume the srw namespace.

What xsl templates would that be? Are you using a non-namespace aware
processor?

If that's the case, we're in trouble. What would be the right prefix?

Maybe we should have an extra option for SRU, called
  x-preferred-prefix

which would be the prefix included in the SRU response. But what about
record NS's then?

:-)

> Maybe i'm confused, but shouldn't a XLS script be capable to proces XML
> regardless of such namespace prefixes?
> I mean:
>
> <zs:explainResponse xmlns:zs="http://www.loc.gov/zing/srw/">....
>
> should be equivalent to: