[Yazlist] Using php/yaz behind proxy

K. P. Sanjailal sanjai_lal at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 20 09:41:58 CET 2007

Thank you for the reply.  I will ask my sysadmin.

Sanjai
---

Marc Cromme <marc at indexdata.dk> wrote: K. P. Sanjailal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to install the loc lookup for openbiblio library software.
>
> But after giving the search string it shows the following error message:
>
> YAZ Error: Connect failed (10000)
>
> Actually my system is behind a proxy server.
>
> How to connect usng php/yaz via a proxy server.

Dear Sanja

You need to ask your system administrator to open your firewalls for
Z39.50 packages from the targets you want to search using PHP/YAZ.

Z39.50 can not be tunneled through usual HTTP proxy servers.

If you are working on Linux/Unix systems, you might be able to trick
your way through by tunneling through SSH connections, but that is only
for the gurus.

Best you ask your sysadmin for help.

Marc Cromme, Index Data

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Sanjai
>
> --

> Sent from Yahoo!
>
> - a smarter inbox.

Marc Cromme
M.Sc and Ph.D in Mathematical Modeling and Computation
Senior Developer, Project Manager

Index Data Aps
Købmagergade 43, 2
1150 Copenhagen K.