[Yazlist] Howto: PHP/YAZ/Apache on Windows 2003

Adam Dickmeiss adam at indexdata.dk
Tue Nov 7 12:51:18 CET 2006

Here is how I installed this combo today.

Got Apache 2 MSI (apache_2.2.3-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi)
Installed that in
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache 2.2

Got PHP 5 MSI (php-5.2.0-win32-installer.msi)
Installed that in
C:\Program Files\PHP
Configured that with Apache 2.2 Filter and YAZ enabled.
By now you should have yaz.dll in C:\Program Files and php_yaz.dll in
C:\Program File\PHP\Ext
Also the end of php.ini should read
[PHP_YAZ]
extesion=php_yaz.dll

Normally that should be enough. However, the PHP team decided to
distribute an old YAZ.DLL. And even worse, one that does not work with
the php_yaz.dll. So upgrade yaz.dll but keep php_yaz.dll.

Therefore, I retrieved yaz_2.1.38.exe from
http://ftp.indexdata.dk/pub/yaz/win32/
Installed YAZ in C:\Program Files\yaz

Finally, copied all DLLs (*.DLL) from C:\Program Files\yaz\bin to
C:\Program Files\PHP . The reason is that we need YAZ.DLL and its
dependencies in the PATH and the PHP installer make a path to C:\Program
Files\PHP.

Start Apache.