[Yazlist] php/yaz: marc-8 to utf-8 conversion

Jonathan Leybovich jleybov at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 6 23:28:54 CEST 2006

All-

Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't
find an exact answer to my question in the list
archives.  Does the "string" record type for the
yaz_record function support the character set
conversion parameter- e.g. "string;
charset=marc-8,utf-8" ?  It works on my installation
for the "xml" record type, but when "string" is
specified no records are returned.  Both the PHP and
YAZ log files show no errors in the latter case.
Thanks for your help.