[Yazlist] yazproxy & SOAP::Lite

Marc Cromme marc at indexdata.dk
Mon Nov 1 12:27:22 CET 2004

Bob Parkinson wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm starting to look as SRW via yazproxy (I've got SRU queries working). I know very little about SOAP at the moment.
>
>Is it possible to use (perl) SOAP::Lite to set up and send a SRW query to yazproxy. If so, how please?
>
>Cheers,

I can not answer positively, since it is quite some time ago when I tried, and then the SRW WSDL's did not work with SOAP:Lite. However, the SRW WSDL's have been inproved the last few month, and I suggest you give it a try.

You might want to check out the official SRW pages on SOAP implementations of the SRW WSDL, for example

http://www.loc.gov/z3950/agency/zing/srw/xml-files.html

Also the 'Informal Introduction' and the '500 words' document might be helpful.

http://www.loc.gov/z3950/agency/zing/srw/

cheers, Marc Cromme

Marc Cromme, cand. polyt, Ph.D
Senior Developer, Project Manager