[Yazlist] Where to get yaz-config for the Windows binary?

Adam Dickmeiss adam at indexdata.dk
Mon Mar 22 23:10:50 CET 2004

Lau, Boniface wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I would like to install SimpleServer on a Windows 2000 machine that
>does NOT have VC++.
>
>Since SimpleServer requires YAZ, I downloaded and installed the
>Windows binary of YAZ at
>
>       http://ftp.indexdata.dk/pub/yaz/win32/yaz_2.0.18.exe
>
>When I went to build SimpleServer, I got the error:
>
>    Unable to call script: yaz-config at Makefile.PL line 5
>
>When I looked into the YAZ installation directory, I could not find
>yaz-config.
>
>Could someone please tell me where to get the yaz-config corresponding
>to the above mentioned Windows binary?

There is no yaz-config. It's a UNIX bourne shell script. You should be
able to modify Makefile.PL without using yaz-config. Uncomment the my
libs line and use:
WriteMakefile(
    'NAME'      => 'Net::Z3950::SimpleServer',
    'VERSION_FROM' => 'SimpleServer.pm', # finds $VERSION
    'LIBS'      => 'c:\yaz\lib\yaz.lib',   # e.g., '-lm'
    'DEFINE'    => '',     # e.g., '-DHAVE_SOMETHING'
    'INC'       => '-Ic:\yaz\include',     # e.g., '-I/usr/include/other'
);

There a more serious problem, however. Simleserver itself includes C
code, so a C compiler such as VC++ is needed. Sorry.

-- Adam