[Yazlist] Choosing multiples databases in a search

Mike Taylor mike at indexdata.com
Fri Jan 30 13:22:27 CET 2004

> Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 20:08:20 -0600 (CST)
> From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Enrique=20Leobardo=20Alonso=20Lara?= <riflemex at yahoo.com>
> Hi, i´m newbie with php/yaz and i have a problem, i'd
> like to know if there's a way to search in more than
> one database at the same time, because the yaz_connect
> syntax is like this
>	yaz_connect(string host:port/database, array options);
> where database is only one database suffix.

If you're talking about sending a single search-request to a single
server, but having that server search in more than one of the
databases it handles, then just glue the database-names together with
plus signs, so you yaz_connect() to, for example:
	z3950.foo.bar.com:210/fruit+fish+flowers

/o ) \/  Mike Taylor  <mike at indexdata.com>  http://www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  "An intellectual is a man who says a simple thing in a
	 difficult way; an artist is a man who says a difficult thing
	 in a simple way" -- Charles Bukowski.