[Yazlist] geo query structure

dan ancona ancona at alexandria.ucsb.edu
Tue Jun 11 21:50:36 CEST 2002

Hiya - This may mostly be a question for Mr. Nebert, but hopefully the
answer will be of more or less general interest.

I'm looking at the GEO spec here...

http://www.blueangeltech.com/standards/GeoProfile/annex_a.htm

and I'd like to use Relation Attributes 7 (overlaps), 8 (fully enclosed
within), 9 (encloses), etc. for my spatial searching.  I had been
assembling these queries manually (i.e. ANDing or ORing all the query
terms against the appropriate bounding box coords), but the implementation
I came up with is broken, and since GEO seems to support an easier way,
I'm trying to annoy myself as little as possible by reimplementing it as
such.

But I'm not quite sure how to structure the query - specifically, how the
query "Search Term Region" is described.  I guessed something like this...

Z> f @attr 2=8 @attr 2060 90 -90 180 -180
Prefix query error

(2060 is "bounding box", which seemed like the right field to query
against), but you can see the results.  I was guessing it goes N S E W
from trying to interpret the spec, but I'm not sure...anyway, how do I
make this go?  I'm guessing however this works, it works more or less the
same for temporal searching; that's the next feature I have to figure out.

Thanks!

dan