[Yazlist] PHP-YAZ problem: Initialization failed

Ocetkiewicz András oandras at ik.bme.hu
Thu Oct 4 12:56:22 CEST 2001

Hello,
I've been developing a PHP/YAZ based z client and  found difficulties to
connect to one specific type of Z server with it. This kind of Z server is
distributed with OLIB.
Its parameters are:
Z39.50 vers.: 3
Implementation name: Index Data/YAZ Generic Frontend Server
Implementation version: 1.14.pl2+
Anyway is it a Z'mbol server?

I tried three instances of this kind of  Z server (at different locations)
with the following outcome:
2 servers gave back error messages: Initatlization failed
They both worked well with ICONE and a YAZ based command line client.

1 server answered: 0 hits to every kind of request even when I tried it with
ICONE (the attribute I used was supported)

Do you have any idea about what can cause the problem?

Andras Ocetkiewicz