[Yazlist] Threads versus Proceses

Adam Dickmeiss adam at indexdata.dk
Wed Oct 3 19:14:41 CEST 2001

On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 10:39:13AM -0230, Jason MacDonald wrote:
> Hi,
>     I have downloaded and compiled the pthreads library from GNU as you
> mentioned and then I linked the library (libpth.a) into my program but I
> still get the same message "Threaded mode not available". I compiled YAZ
> using ./configure --enable-threads

YAZ supports POSIX - not GNU threads. Some systems may support both GNU
threads and POSIX threads, however. We'll be happy to add support for
GNU threads. I expect it to be easy to make - especially when reading
this on http://www.gnu.org/software/pth/ :

"Additionally Pth provides an optional emulation API for POSIX.1c
threads ("Pthreads") which can be used for backward compatibility to
existing multithreaded applications. "

We're currently attending the ZIG meeting in Boston SPA, England. Will
add GNU thread support next week - unless I do it while wathing TV in the
hotel;)

-- Adam