[Oclist] OAISter contains licensed content -> DOAR!

Jonathan Rochkind rochkind at jhu.edu
Fri Jan 25 23:10:55 CET 2008

Turns out that even DOAR's API is just of their _list_ of repositories,
not of actual repository content.

So yeah, there's a hole waiting to be filled here. Someone needs to take
the list of repositories from DOAR (and supplement it with a few open
access sources. DOAJ isn't in their list!), and build something to
harvest them all on a regular basis, index it, and expose it as SRU. I'd
be thrilled if that someone was indexdata. Otherwise I might need to
find time to do it myself. Because I rather desperately need it now that
I realize IndexData's OAISter isn't it.

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Rochkind