[Net-z3950] Can I set the timeout for a Z39.50 connection?

Mike Taylor mike at indexdata.com
Wed Mar 18 15:10:39 CET 2009

Michael Lackhoff writes:
 > Hello,
 >
 > I would like to have some control over the timeout (connection and
 > response) the ZOOM module uses. Is this possible?
 > I searched the source for "timeout" but couldn't find a hint where it
 > can be set. The default seems to be a bit long if someone is waiting in
 > front of a web browser -- and I would like to make it a user option.

$conn->option(timeout => $numberOfSeconds);

It's not documented in the YAZ ZOOM-C documentation, which is
generally the place to look for information about options.

/o ) \/  Mike Taylor    <mike at indexdata.com>    http://www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  "The idea that people know what they want is wrong.  They need
	 to be pulled through the Web" -- Laura Jennings, Vice President,
	 Microsoft Network.