[Net-z3950] Problems using Net-Z3950-ZOOM

Vijendra Singh Purohit vs.purohit at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 21:56:13 CET 2008

I have tried various starting record numbers but 1000th is the last I get
back from server. I somehow find this limit silly since this is not a free
access point... I am paying money and still not getting much out of it :(

Thanks,
Vijendra.

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 8:48 AM, Archie Warnock <warnock at awcubed.com> wrote:

> Heiko Jansen wrote:
> > But it might have been done on purpose to prevent clients from
> > automatically downloading whole databases or very large parts of them...
>
> That's my thought, as well.  I recently encountered the same issue
> harvesting spatial metadata records from site.  I'm not sure if they're
> running the same server or not.
>
> The real question (and I don't believe I've seen a mention of it here)
> is whether it's possible to get records from 1001-2000 from the server
> by specifying the starting record number?  Is the server limiting
> retrievals to just the first 1000 records or just to any 1000 records?
>
> The former is obviously a bug.  The latter, not so much, IMHO.
>
> --
>
> Archie
>
> -- Archie Warnock                         warnock at awcubed.com
> -- A/WWW Enterprises                          www.awcubed.com
> --       As a matter of fact, I _do_ speak for my employer.

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your
eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long
to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci