[Net-z3950] Problems using Net-Z3950-ZOOM

Vijendra Singh Purohit vs.purohit at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 08:28:23 CET 2008

Hello again,

I was able to resolve previous error, thanks to the group. Currently, I am
facing another issue while running the code against ProQuest servers. I am
getting following error while retrieving results:

*Error 13: Present request out of range (Search result set records not
retrieved(164))*

Code snippet that makes calls to server for results is
    my $rs = $conn->search($query);
    my $n = $rs->size();
    print "Query ",$query->_query," found $n records\n";
    $conn->option(preferredRecordSyntax => "usmarc");
    $conn->option(elementSetName => "F");

    for my $i (0..$n) {
    my $rec = $rs->record($i);
    print "=== Record ", $i+1, " of $n ===\n";

This error always occurs while retrieving *1001st *record (my application
gets about 25000 results for the queries). So this definitely looks like
some default value related issue (of number of records on server?) which I
should change but don't how. Any thoughts on how can this be fixed?

Thanks,
Vijendra.

--

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your
eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long