[Net-z3950] Make Failure 1.21 over Fedora 8 on Brand New Machine...

Petrus B. van Bork pvanbork at outerline.com
Tue Jan 22 21:47:49 CET 2008

Dear List-Colleagues:

                                 I tried to install  using:

# perl -MCPAN -e 'install Net::Z3950'

This failed near the end of the install:

"/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lwrap
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [blib/arch/auto/Net/Z3950/ZOOM/ZOOM.so] Error 1

Having received this I tried a manual untar and install - when I ran the
"make" command, I got the exact same error.  I have industriously looked
everywhere for a similar incident or for other documentation without
success.  I am, alas, not a terribly experienced linux-head and I am now
not certain what to do next.  Does anyone have any ideas, they would be
much appreciated!

Best,

Petrus