[Net-z3950] SimpleServer srw diagnostics

Phil Cross phil.cross at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Sep 11 14:21:14 CEST 2007

I'd like my simpleserver implementation to be able to issue a diagnostic
error code for SRU requests that request an invalid schema. I think the
correct diagnostic in the info:srw/diagnostic/1 namespace is: 66:
'Unknown schema for retrieval'. This is included in the yaz header file:
diagsrw.h

However, I assume I can only include diagnostic codes from the bib-1 set
(in header file: diagbib1.h) in the simpleserver code and I don't know
what the equivalent diagnostic would be.

I take it there is some mapping going on between the two sets somewhere,
e.g. my error code 12, for 'Too many results in set', is getting
converted to info:srw/diagnostic/1/60, 'Result set not created: too many
matching records'.

Is there a way to find out what bib-1 diagnostic I should be using in
the code to have info:srw/diagnostic/1/66 produced?

Best wishes,
Phil

--
Phil Cross