[Net-z3950] SimpleServer and GRS1 output.

Jan Bauer Nielsen jbn at dtv.dk
Thu Feb 8 12:20:39 CET 2007

Hi.

I have used SimpleServer to create an application capable of merging
result sets from a number of different servers. Internally I use the
ZOOM module to query the underlying server. In some cases I need to
return records in GRS1 format, and I simply do a

$args->{RECORD} = $set->record($pos)->render();

Output from the render() method might be something like this:

(3,localInfo)
     (3,source) elsevier
     (3,media) electronic
     (3,fullTxtRef) /elsevier/ohl0163a/03014207/sz974452/97000354.pdf
     (3,cdate) 20000623
     (3,udate) 20010514
     (3,fileId) ohl0163a
     (3,orderRef) /elsevier/03014207/1997/23/4/0
     (3,key) 03014207199723418573313546919
(3,recordID)
     (3,artId) S0301-4207(97)00035-4
     (3,recTypeNr) 02
     (3,recTypeTxt) journal article
(3,article)
     (3,title) The Hotelling valuation of natural resources: some
further results
(3,abstract)
     (3,abstract) This paper tests the Hotelling Valuation Principle
(HVP) for natural resources using data from oil and gas "pure plays"
such as royalty trusts and master limited partnerships. The results
support the HVP which specifies that the value of any mineral reserve
may be predicted by the market price of the resource, net of extraction
costs. Regression results also indicate that a Box-Cox transformation of
variables provide a better means of estimating the functional
relationship between the value of an exhaustible natural resource and
its market price.
(3,author)
     (3,name) Jamal, A M M
(3,author)
     (3,name) Crain, John L
(3,journal)
     (3,issn) 03014207
     (3,title) Resources Policy
     (3,vol) 23
     (3,issue) 4
     (3,year) 1997
     (3,month) 12
     (3,page) 187-190
(3,ctrlT)
     (3,term) Hotelling Valuation Principle
     (3,term) natural resources
     (3,term) Box-Cox transformation

But on the client side this is what I get:

[...]

The nesting has suddenly disappeared. Am I doing something wrong, or has
the SimpleServer somehow altered the record along the way?

Kind regards,
--
Jan