[Net-z3950] Expected CONSTRUCTED PDU not found

Mike Taylor mike at miketaylor.org.uk
Thu May 26 20:12:55 CEST 2005

> Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 12:45:52 -0500
> From: "Marvin Hunn" <MHunn at dts.edu>
>
> I have just installed the perl module Net::Z3950 and am attempting
> to search our local library zserver. I am able to connect and
> execute a search and get the number of records that match (4 in this
> case), but when I attempt to retrieve a record, I get an error:
> "Expected CONSTRUCTED PDU not found"

Eek!

> We have a Bath compliant Sirsi Unicorn zserver at: library.dts.edu:2200

Thanks.  Testing against this, it appears that the problem is with a
mismatch in the communication expections between the YAZ toolkit that
underlies Net::Z3950 and the server, as opposed to a problem in the
Perl module itself:

	$ yaz-client library.dts.edu:2200
	Connecting...OK.
	Sent initrequest.
	Connection accepted by v3 target.
	ID     : Unicorn Bath 2003.0.10
	Name   : SIRSI Corporation
	Version: 3.0
	Elapsed: 0.689876
	Z> find fruit
	Sent searchRequest.
	Received SearchResponse.
	Search was a success.
	Number of hits: 87, setno 1
	records returned: 0
	Elapsed: 0.181806
	Z> elem f
	Z> show 1
	Sent presentRequest (1+1).
	Diagnostic message(s) from database:
	    [100] Unspecified error -- v2 addinfo 'Expected CONSTRUCTED PDU not found (pdu error: 3002)'
	nextResultSetPosition = 1
	Elapsed: 0.154793

(For what it's worth, brief records are fetched OK.)

Can anyone shed any light on this?

/o ) \/  Mike Taylor  <mike at miketaylor.org.uk>  http://www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  "If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?" --
	 Steven Wright.