[Net-z3950] User-Information-Field in SimpleServer?

Sebastian Hammer quinn at indexdata.com
Thu Mar 10 21:02:54 CET 2005

Ben,

SimpleServer already supports the diagnostic format you came across -- just
set an error code before finising the init handler. As for the motd/dblist,
it might make more sense to implement a ZeeRex server
(http://zeerex.z3950.org/). I believe that this is the closest thing to an
official standard that covers most of what yuou want.  :-)

--Sebastian