[Net-z3950] User-Information-Field in SimpleServer?

Ben Soares ben.soares at ed.ac.uk
Thu Mar 10 18:21:32 CET 2005

Hi all,

Just wondering if there's an easy way to add anything to the
User-Information-Field in an INIT response in Net::Z3950::SimpleServer, or
will I have to wait for Net::Z3950::SlightlyMoreComplexServer? ;)

My aim is to provide an MOTD and a dblist available to an authenticated user
(the list will vary quite a lot depending on who logs in) and I was
thinking of using the OCLC-UserInformation construct.  Any other methods
would be considered too.  I've already done a rudimentary IR-Explain---1 db
which only provides records for the dbs available to the logged on user.

Oh, while I'm here, I've also been looking for a set of diagnostics for
rejecting a connection in the INIT response based on "incorrect
username/password," "no available resources," "too many users," et c.
Anyone know of any?

Thanks!

Ben
--
Ben Soares                              	   tel:	+44 (0)131-651 1238
EDINA, Edinburgh University Data Library	   fax:	+44 (0)131-650 3308
Main Library Building, George Square    	 email:	ben.soares at ed.ac.uk
Edinburgh EH8 9LJ, Scotland, UK         	   www:	http://edina.ac.uk/

"Hmmm, that makes no sense to me...
 But then you are very small, perhaps you're right." -- Treebeard