[Net-z3950] Announcing release 0.31
mike at seatbooker.net
Wed Nov 27 14:20:01 CET 2002
Release 0.31 of the Net::Z3950 module has been pending for some time,
but I couldn't motivate myself to get around to updating the
documentation for the new bits. Because of the recent trickle of
support requests, though, I am starting to feel the need of being sure
that people are running the same code as I am, so I got my shoulder to
the wheels, wrote the docs, and released 0.31.
You can find it at the usual place:
or on the CPAN server of your choice.
Some goodies from the new release:
- Add command-line options to samples/simple.pl
- Add samples/canonical.pl
- Change the default element-set names in Manager.pm to be
upper-case "F" and "B" rather than "f" and "b", as specified
in section 3.6.2 (Composition Specification, Comp-spec
Omitted) of the standard.
Even though a clarification makes it clear that element-set
names should be treated case-insensitively.
- Formally deprecate the non-working records() method of the
- When a new Connection object can't be made because of Init
being refused (rather than due to a lower-level error such
as ECONNREFUSED), $! is set to the distinguished value -1.
- Neater code for connection-closing.
- Fake up a diagnostic record (BIB-1 error 3, "unsupported
search") for servers which illegally fail to include
diagnostic records in the result of a failed search.
- Added #include "XSUB.h" to the yazwrap directory's private
code, which means it now does The Right Thing when compiling
against a Perl build with the MULTIPLICITY flag set. This
means that we now build and run under cygwin on Windows 2000
- Add new option "namedResultSets", initially true, which if
set false caters for brain-damaged servers by always using
the same result-set name, "default", thereby invalidating
previous ResultSet objects.
- Documentation tweaks.
Thanks again to Dave.
/o ) \/ Mike Taylor <mike at miketaylor.org.uk> www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\ "America is not really a melting pot [...] America is a
bunch of different groups that, when times aren't so good,
don't get on so well" -- Paul Simon.
More information about the Net-z3950