[Net-z3950] (no subject)

Adam Dickmeiss adam at indexdata.dk
Thu Aug 29 14:40:47 CEST 2002

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 08:31:00AM -0400, Archie Warnock wrote:
> > The Isite target always returns a reference ID of length zero.
>
> Hmm... I'm not positive, but that could be it.  I've got an updated version
> of the Isite clients which include the reference ID, but I have to finish
> the port to Windows before I can release it.
>
> Reference ID is optional.  Note also that _including_ a reference ID causes
> Blue Angel's MetaStar server to crash, so the new release of Isite will also
> include a way to turn it off.
I'm not sure, I understand. If MetaStar which I assume includes a
Z39.50 client, does not send a reference ID as part of a request then
Isite should not return one either as part of a response (even empty).

Thank you for providing a fix so that Net:Z3950 does not have to
incorporate hacks for this..

-- Adam

--
Adam Dickmeiss  mailto:adam at indexdata.dk  http://www.indexdata.dk
Index Data      T: +45 33410100           Mob.: 212 212 66