[Net-z3950] (no subject)

Adam Dickmeiss adam at indexdata.dk
Thu Aug 29 14:20:06 CEST 2002

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 12:38:07PM +0100, Edward G Boyle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been having a look through the archives of this mailing list and it seems
> to me that my problem is very similar to one that David Crossley mentioned in a
> thread in July 2001; Mike said he would have a look at this but I can't find
> out if there was any further discussion - anybody know if there was a fix?
I don't think there is a fix, but I may have found out why it fails.

The Isite target always returns a reference ID of length zero.
It should return no reference ID unless the client sends one (it's
optional in the protocol). Furthermore, if the client sends one, it
should return *that* and not an empty string.

The bad handling of reference IDs upsets code in _add_records in
ResultSet.pm which is a little picky about the IDs. Since I'm not a Perl
expert I leave it for somebody else to fix it. This is what seems to fail:
    if ($rsName ne $this->{rsName}) {
        die "rs '" . $this->{rsName} . "' was sent records for
'$rsName'";
    }

-- Adam

> Eddie Boyle
>

> Quoting Archie Warnock <warnock at awcubed.com>:

Adam Dickmeiss  mailto:adam at indexdata.dk  http://www.indexdata.dk
Index Data      T: +45 33410100           Mob.: 212 212 66