[Net-z3950] GILS

Mike Taylor mike at seatbooker.net
Tue Aug 27 16:54:21 CEST 2002

> Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 10:18:15 +0100
> From: Ben Soares <Ben.Soares at ed.ac.uk>
>
> That works a treat.  Clearly I didn't have a good enough scooby at
> enough documentation!  I always test my PQN queries (well, the ones
> that don't work) using yaz-client, and in yaz-client I've always
> changed the attributeset with the "attributeset" command and I was
> trying to find something similar with Net::Z3950.

Net::Z3950 uses Yaz's PQN parser "as is" -- the "@attrset gils" clause
is understood by any Yaz-based client, including yaz-client.  It's
"attributeset" command is merely a way of setting the default.

BTW., I initially misunderstood your statement above and thought you
meant that yaz-client understood "@attributeset gils".  That is _not_
true, but the PQN parser does not complain about it -- it silently
ignores it.  Seb, Adam: that gotts'ta be a bug, don't it?

)_v__/\  "MS-DOS is still a real-mode-only non-reentrant interrupt
	 handler, and always will be" -- Russell Williams