[Net-z3950] GILS

Mike Taylor mike at seatbooker.net
Fri Aug 23 18:13:27 CEST 2002

> Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 16:55:40 +0100
> From: Ben Soares <Ben.Soares at ed.ac.uk>
>
> Can anyone tell me if there's an easy way to change the Attribute
> set in a query from BIB-1 to e.g. GILS?  I've had a good scooby at
> the documentation and the source but can't find anything.  Is BIB-1
> built in?

Hi Ben.  Long time, no email.

It depends how you're expressing your queries, of course.  If you're
using Yaz's Prefix Query Notation (as a Real Man does :-), just prefix
the whole query with "@attrset gils" like this --

	@attrset gils @attr 1=21 foo

It's described in more detail in the Yaz manual at

	http://indexdata.dk/yaz/doc/tools.php#AEN2308

(The Net::Z3950::Connection module's search() documentation at
http://perl.z3950.org/docs/Z3950/Connection.html#search()
should include a link to this.)

)_v__/\  "The body of a destructor is executed before the destructors
	 for member objects.  Destructors for nonstatic member
	 objects are executed before the destructors for base classes.
	 Destructors for nonvirtual base classes are executed before
	 destructors for virtual base classes.  Destructors for
	 nonvirtual base classes are executed in reverse order of
	 their declaration in the derived class.  Destructors for
	 virtual base classes are executed in the reverse order of
	 their appearance in a depth-first left-to-right traversal of
	 the directed acyclic graph of base classes; ``left-to-right''
	 is the order of appearance of the base class names in the
	 declaration of the derived class." -- the C++ reference
	 manual, section 12.4, reminding my Why C++ Is Not My Favourite
	 Programming Language.