[Net-z3950] Port to Windows NT?

Mike Taylor mike at tecc.co.uk
Mon Apr 30 10:20:21 CEST 2001

Dear Net::Z3950'ers,

Rui Barbosa <rui.barbosa at centralbiz.pt> has emailed me to ask if there
is a Windows NT/2000 port of the Net::Z3950 module.  The immediate
answer is, I don't know.  Have any of you built it, or tried to, on
this platform?  How did it go?  Do you have binaries that others could
use?

If no-one's done it already, then I'd be grateful if anyone with easy
access to an NT build environment could just try to build it and see
what happens.  I know that Yaz (the C toolkit on which it's built) is
Windows-friendly, and I believe that the Event.pm module (which it
uses) is also OK on Windows.  And I didn't deliberately code anything
in Net::Z3950 itself which should stop it working there.

If you try to build/use it and hit errors, let me know what they are:
I may be able to help.

Also, if you succeed, it would be nice for me to be able to offer a
binary download of the software from the Net::Z3950 web page.

Please copy any replies to Rui as well as the list.

Thanks,

/o ) \/  Mike Taylor -- <mirk at mail.org> -- http://www.miketaylor.org.uk/
)_v__/\  It's a million-to-one chance -- but it might just work.