[Ex-plain] Change 2: Attribute Changes

Robert Sanderson azaroth at liverpool.ac.uk
Tue Jan 20 18:13:53 CET 2004

> > Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 16:27:20 +0000 (GMT)
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > Mike, as you requested it, you'd better reply to these ;P
> As you wish, O impatient one :-)

> Yes, subject to the same feeling of disquiet.  (Rob, do you yet have a
> changes document for v2.0?  Is it in the bundle you just sent me?)

Nope. I'll write it up now.

> > * We need to be able to express 'I don't support X' in configInfo.  To do
> > this we add an attribute of 'value' which takes true/false for whether the
> > type is supported or not.
> > <supports value="false" type="relation">exact</supports>
> > (== I don't support the 'exact' relation)

> I am not convinced by the need for this.  If you supported it, I'd
> know because you'd have <support type="relation">exact</support>; if
> you don't have that it must be because you don't support it.

So you would need to list every single relation that you support, if you
don't support all of them?  That's a long list.
Yes it's possible, but I'd like for people to be able to say explicitly
that they don't support something rather than the client having to guess
whether they really don't support it, or if the explain document is just
incomplete (which is likely going to be the case 99% of the time)

      ,'/:.          Dr Robert Sanderson (azaroth at liverpool.ac.uk)
,'---/::::::::::.    Nebmedes:  http://nebmedes.o-r-g.org:8000/