[Ex-plain] Agency OIDs missing link to ZeeRex Attribute Set

David Crossley lists at indexgeo.com.au
Fri Dec 17 02:20:43 CET 2004

Dr Robert Sanderson wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >http://www.loc.gov/z3950/agency/defns/oids.html#3
> >is missing the link to the ZeeRex Attribute Set.
> >What is the short name? Is it "Zee-Rex" like shown in that table?
>
> I use ZeeRex, without the hyphen, as "Z39.50 Explain Explained - and
> Re-Engineered in XML" debatably makes even less sense than the alternative
> :)

:-)

Thanks. I just tried Alan's target with yaz-client ...
ZeeRex and Zee-Rex and zeerex are all supported. Perhaps
that is the client, turning them all into ZeeRex.

The OIDs table needs to be clear, so that poor implementors
don't get more confused about the use of "-".

By the way, "gondolin.hist.liv.ac.uk:210/IR-Explain---1"
gives a diagnostic "Database unavailable -- IR-Explain---1".
http://explain.z3950.org/overview/index.html#6

--David