[Ex-plain] Re: srw futures

Robert Sanderson azaroth at liverpool.ac.uk
Fri Jun 6 16:24:12 CEST 2003

> Having looked a little closer, I suspect that these may be possible using
> the links section if we define some appropriate values for type (such as
> logo, news, copyright info).

Right.  This is something that needs to be done, though I don't think that
news and copyright information need their own link type as they can go
into the text elements.  Of course a generic 'this is a link to a
description' is very useful for things like linking to
EAD/DC/METS/whatever metadata about the database as a whole, to graphics
for logos, to web pages for a 'native' web interface and the like.

The list of useful types needs to be nailed down.

And yes, the links model is wrong :)