[Ex-plain] Re: Ex-plain SRW and ZeeRex

Ray Denenberg rden at loc.gov
Mon May 13 19:54:59 CEST 2002

Alan Kent wrote:

> > Could you three please give some thought and list what you think
> > are the ZeeRex requirements? Thanks.
> >
> > --Ray
>
> I assume you mean SRW requirements, not ZeeRex requirements? Or SRW
> requirements of ZeeRex? Regardless...

Yes, sorry, or course I meant the SRW requirements. (I've got these two
projects so closely associated in my mind, that I get them mixed up
occasionally.)

Specifically, I meant the information requirements.  What information about an
SRW server does a client need, that's not provided by a ZeeRex record? (By an
"srw server", we mean, from the ZeeRex perspective, the "single unnamed
database" at the server, as described at
http://explain.z3950.org/srw/index.html.)

To be clear, I'm only suggesting that the explain information for srw be a
ZeeRex subset.  I'm not suggesting that we use the same method to retrieve it.

--Ray