[Ex-plain] SRW and ZeeRex

Mike Taylor mike at tecc.co.uk
Fri May 10 12:26:26 CEST 2002

> Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 16:20:48 -0400
> From: Ray Denenberg <rden at loc.gov>
>
> As I try to write something to justify the srw/zeeRex relationship,
> it occurs to me that the only concrete reason offered why the two
> efforts shouldn't be aligned is the index vs. attribute approach.
> [...]
> it seems that where we left off was that zeeRex would indeed include
> the abstract index names that srw needs.

More to the point, ZeeRex _does_ include the abstract index names!
See
	http://explain.z3950.org/dtd/refguide.html#6.1.6.3

Also useful is the sample record at
	http://explain.z3950.org/samples/f-1.5.xml
which contains the following snippet (edited for brevity):

	<indexInfo>
	  <index search="true" scan="true" sort="true">
	    <title primary="true" lang="en">Artist Name (Exact)</title>
	    <map>
	      <name>xartist</name>
	    </map>
	</indexInfo>

Which I think gives you what you need for SRW?

)_v__/\  "Bravo, Nigel!  Taxation is the very nub of my gist!" --
	 Monty Python.