[Ex-plain] SRW and ZeeRex

Alan Kent ajk at mds.rmit.edu.au
Wed May 8 02:54:56 CEST 2002

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 02:01:55PM +0100, Mike Taylor wrote:
> Ray,
>
> Having through a little more about the relationship between ZeeRex and
> SRW, here's what I think:
>
> * Ralph wants SRW to define its own Explain-alike, independent of
>   ZeeRex, thinking that what we've done here is too different from
>   what SRW needs.
>
> * You want a strong SRW-ZeeRex connection, reasoning that it would be
>   politically helpful for both parties to share technology.
>
> * No-one else seems to have a strong opinion either way.

My opinion was that SRW should work out its requirements independent
to ZeeRex, then use ZeeRex if it met those requirements. I would be
hesitant to say "lets commit to using ZeeRex - now that we have made
that commitment, lets see what SRW needs and hopefully ZeeRex does
the job". I would prefer to do it the other way round.

But I have been busy with some other commitments. I want to get back
into SRW and ZeeRex soonish, but might be a week off still.
Alan