[Ex-plain] Origins of F&N

Mike Taylor mike at tecc.co.uk
Thu Mar 28 12:32:08 CET 2002

There remain a few places in the Overview and DTD Commentary where
I've had to leave ### markers because I lack the necessary background
information.  I'd like now to get all of these sorted out before the
ZIG, so I am going to send a sequence of short messages each asking a
single question.  Swift responses much appreciated!

Here's the first.

Was it in fact Mark Hinnenbusch that first proposed F&N, as the
Overview suggests?  Is there an email message in a web archive?

)_v__/\  "The One-Page Principle: a specification that will not fit
	 on one page of 8.5x11 inch paper cannot be understood" --
	 Mark Ardis.